Diamond Valley Mitre 10 is an independent, locally owned and operated timber, trade, hardware & garden business that has been servicing the Diamond Valley area since 1979.
Now employing over 70 members of the local community, Diamond Vallley Mitre 10 started out selling timber from a tin shed off the main roadside in Diamond Creek. The store was originally known as Timberking Building Supplies and was operating under the Home Saver buying group.
Over the years the store slowly started stocking a small range of hardware to support local builders and their growing clientele. Local demand for supplies grew as the area expanded, and accordingly, so did the store's size and product range.
In 1992 Timberking Building Supplies joined the Mitre 10 brand and by 2007 had undergone major changes. Merging with Valley Outdoor Supplies, the store's name changed to Diamond Valley Mitre 10 and was moved several blocks from the original 780-sqm site to its current 3.5 acre property.
That once little timber shed by a bushy roadside in Diamond Creek now boasts several Trade and Retail Awards and a huge 2500 square metre retail hub that houses timber and extensively stocked hardware, homeware and garden departments.
- 2016 National Garden Centre of the Year
- 2013 Hardware Association of Victoria Trade store of the Year
- 2012 Mitre 10 National Store of the Year
- 2011 Mitre 10 Victorian Store of the Year - Large Format
- 2009 Mitre 10 National Store of the Year
- 2009 Hardware Association of Victoria Store of the year
- 2008 Mitre 10 Victorian Store of the year
- 2008 Mitre 10 Most Improved Store Victoria
- 2005 Mitre 10 Most Improved store in percentage growth